The Latest Community Status and Safety Measures
As we manage our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and health of our residents and staff remains our top priority. From the beginning of this health crisis, our actions have been guided by our healthcare professionals and medical directors, in compliance with mandates from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the State and local departments of Health. Our goal is to provide open communication to the greatest degree possible so we can keep residents, families and staff members informed. To that end, we are providing the following resources:
COVID-19 Status Line: 732-631-1810
Call for a recorded message on current community status. This recording will be updated regularly.
Urgent Calls: 732-631-1800
Call 24/7 to reach Village Point Rehabilitation & Healthcare for urgent matters.
Status Updates (Date of last update: 09/23/2022): Download PDF
Current healthcare community status report including information to help families know what is happening in loved one’s environment. This report will be updated regularly.
Springpoint COVID-19 Response Updates from Anthony A. Argondizza, Springpoint President and CEO: Read Here >
Outbreak Plan: View Outbreak Plan PDF >
The Village Point Rehabilitation & Healthcare comprehensive plan to respond to infectious disease outbreaks.
Following is a summary of the key lessons learned by Springpoint and our communities from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Our Residents Inspire Us — The seniors we are privileged to care for are amazing individuals who inspire us with their resilience, grace and spirit. Through their gratitude and words of encouragement, our residents often raised the spirts of the staff as the staff did in kind. In some ways, the shared experience of the pandemic has created a special bond between our staff and residents.
- Our employees are heroes — Our Springpoint heroes spent time away from home, with the residents we are privileged to care for. Our leadership team recognized and acknowledged the sacrifice of the staff through an incentive bonus program and recognition events.
- Education is Essential — Springpoint quickly enacted an educational plan to ensure the safety and health of all of the residents, staff and families based on the outbreak and community level infection rate. We ensure that infection control is a priority in each community and guides our response to the evolving situation.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Procurement — Sourcing and maintaining sufficient stockpiles of PPE for our staff is critical to ensuring continued success in our battle to curb the virus. Springpoint has a dedicated resource focused on PPE procurement and supply chain management to assure that each of community has at least a 90-day supply along with a central bank of additional supply to remain stocked and ready in case of outbreak.
- Communication to all stakeholders is critical to success — From the outset, Springpoint and each community focused on making sure residents, staff and family members alike were kept informed regarding our response to the pandemic and evolving directives from health officials, the ongoing case status and what we were doing to keep our communities safe.
- Importance of Testing and Data — It is critical to have facts on which to base our clinical decisions and effectively guide our care. We recognize that data must drive our clinical decisions and human needs drive our person centered care decisions. Meeting the data-driven quality care standards while maintaining a high-level of human caring is the science and art behind living at a Springpoint community.
To view our COVID-19 Response Updates from our CEO, click here.